Black & Decker LST220
- Easily converts from trimmer to edger with a quick turn of the shaft
- Powered by 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery, with longer lifespan and charge retention than NiCad batteries
- PowerDrive Transmission delivers more power from the motor to the cutting string
- Automatic Feed Spool ensures continuous work without bumping
- 2-year limited warranty; includes battery and Energy Star-qualified charger
What to Look for When Buying a Cordless String Trimmer
There are a few important things to keep in mind when buying a cordless string trimmer. These are:
- The number of volts
- The battery
- The weight of the trimmer
Current Price and Specs
How Many Volts?
One of the most important components of a cordless string trimmer is the number of volts. The higher the voltage means that it delivers more power and a longer run time. The Black and Decker LST220 cordless string trimmer is 20 volts making it powerful but still lightweight at 5.2lbs so that it won’t be a hassle carrying around.
What’s in a battery…
The Black and Decker LST220 uses a Lithium Ion battery which is considered one the best for cordless string trimmer use. Compared to NiCd batteries which are commonly used in other string trimmers, Lithium Ion batteries have one of the best energy-to-weight ratios. They also have a slow loss of charge when they are not in use and do not suffer from a memory effect. Lithium Ion batteries are lighter and smaller than NiCd batteries allowing you to work longer on the yard without fatigue.
According to Black and Decker, the Lithium Ion battery in the LST220 holds its charge 5 times longer than Black & Decker HPB18 NiCd batteries.
Another thing that will not find on other string trimmers is Black and Decker’s exclusive PowerDrive Transmission that delivers more power from the motor to the cutting string. This is a great feature that will allow you to cut more in less time. This also allows the string trimmer to cut in thicker conditions or tough overgrowth without bogging down.
Does it include a Warranty?
Yes, the Black and Decker LST220 includes a 2 year warranty.