Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter$30
- The item dimensions are length (in) 10 width (in) 2.75 height (in) 1.75
- 3 3/4 inch 420HC steel clip blade, Closed Length 4 7/8 inches
- Weight: 7.2 oz.
- Dymondwood wood-grain handle with polished brass bolsters
- 4-Ever Buck Lifetime Warranty, Made in the USA
- Needs two hands to open
- Too short for a hunting knife
The Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter is a classic folding knife with a nail-notch longback design. It may look like a threatening piece of metal but it is one of the safest Buck Knives models in the market. Buck knives are renowned for their quality, there is no denying that and the Buck 110 is one of the reasons for this. This beautiful knife not only looks sensational but also feels great in your hand and works like a treat. This knife has been around for years with some even claiming to still be using their’s a solid 35 years after they got it. That is one of the features that makes this so great – the fact that it is a reliable and long lasting knife. This is a great hunters knife that is perfect for skinning and field dressing because it can easily clip onto your belt.
You will see this knife with many different names for the same knife such as Buck 110 hunter, Custom Buck 110, Buck 110 Switchblade, Buck Hunter 110, Buck 110 Folding Hunter, and many others all for the same style knife.
The Buck 110 folding hunter is one of the most well-known knives in history. When you see the Buck 110 folder it brings back memories of when you were a child and received your first hunting knife. It has that wood inlay handles, those nice gold shiny end caps and that locking tab on the back end.
The knife features a 3 – 3/4 inch stainless steel blade, so it is a good length and not too long. The blade is razor sharp and will keep and edge for a while which is why many people cut themselves when they first get their Buck 110. The blade is two handed opener unlike a lot of the modern one handers out there, but that really isn’t too much of an issue as you will quickly get used to the amount of pressure needed to open it. One benefit this older style has over the new one handers is that if dirt or dust gets in their springs, they can break or become extremely difficult to open, whereas the Buck 110 folding will keep working day in day out.
One of the main attractions to the blade is the natural wood grain handle. This looks absolutely beautiful and is a real piece of art, not to mention the brass bolsters! The knife comes with a black leather sheath and the Buck unconditional lifetime warranty (not that you will need it).
- This is a folding longback knife
- With a 3 ¾ “clip blade and measures 4 7/8” closed. Weighs 7.2oz
- With a natural wood grain handle (Macassar Ebony Dymondwood) and polished brass bolsters
- With a classic nail notch design
- Comes with a black leather sheath
- Comes with an unconditional lifetime warranty
- Made in the USA
The advantages of the Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter
- The Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter looks strong and it stays strong in all kinds of outdoor work. It can cut, splice and do almost all kinds of dirty work and still stay remarkably sharp. The durable blades will withstand the constant stress of outdoor use and will still look amazingly beautiful at the end of the day.
- The handle may not be contoured but provides a strong grip. It adds glamour to an otherwise threatening tool and when the blade is closed the Folding Hunter just looks like a collector’s item.
- The knife may be a handy tool but it does not open easily which may be an advantage considering that it is safe to take anywhere. You can store it in your bag or pocket without worries of springing the blade into action. The Folding Hunter is Buck Knives’ signature knife because of its safety features.
- This folding knife comes with an unconditional lifetime warranty which is very unusual for a knife that costs less than $70 online. This means that Buck Knives bring value to every customer’s purchase.
- The price is yet another advantage. As mentioned it is less than $70 online and you may also find shopping sites like Amazon with an amazing price of $40 with free shipping promo for their members. This is a total value for your money, especially with Buck Knives’ amazing features.
Any disadvantages of this folding knife
- This Buck Knives’ signature knife is handy and safe to take anywhere but may not be very reliable when it comes to emergencies since you need to open the knife with both hands. Anyone looking for a knife that may easily spring into action with one hand should choose a flick knife or a pocket knife instead of this one.
- The blades are short for a hunting knife but will do well as an everyday utility knife.
Overall the Buck 110 knife is a really solid folding hunting knife. I would definitely recommend this knife to everyone from the enthusiast to hobbyist as its quality cannot be beaten. If you don’t believe me, just check out the 380+ 5 Star reviews on amazon. This blade will only set you back about $30 depending on where you get it, but as always I recommend buying this from your local shop so you can get a feel for it to see if it is right for you.
The Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter knife is truly a handy and efficient folding knife to have around but may not work well for self-defense. It offers great value for your money since it is available online for a discounted price. The unconditional warranty that comes with its purchase basically seals the deal.