Cold Steel Katana$300
|Overall Length||40 1/2″|
|Blade Length||29 1/4″|
|Blade Steel||1055 Carbon|
|Best for||Sword enthusiasts|
- Blade Thickness: 5/16″
- Handle: 11 1/4″ Same (Ray Skin) Handle with Black Braid & Brass Menuki
- Overall Length: 40 1/2″
- Steel: 1055 Carbon
- Scabbard: Black Lacquered Wood Scabbard
- Warrior Series swords are delicately-designed, durably-crafted blades with same steel, heat treatment, and sharp blades as company’s more expensive Emperor Series
- Samé-covered, cord-wrapped handles and quality fittings; comes complete with black lacquered scabbard and soft blue cover bag
- 29.25-inch 1055 carbon steel blade with 0.3125-inch thickness, 11.25-inch samé (ray skin) black braid cord handle with brass Menuki, 40.5-inch overall length, and 41.4-ounce weight
- Includes limited manufacturer’s warranty; details included with purchase
- This item is not for sale in some specific zip codes
The Cold Steel warrior Katana features the same steel found in the Emperor series of Katanas, 1055 Carbon steel. This is some really top notch quality steel that can chop and slash through basically anything that you put in front of it as well as being able to handle the strain and stress of battle (in the unlikely event that you find yourself in a sword fight). The steel can keep a really sharp edge that doesn’t really need constant sharpening unless you really are giving the sword a workout.
If you watch the above video, you will get a clear demonstration of its raw cutting power as it clearly sharp enough to slice through copper pipes as well as fine enough to slice through a plastic bottle (which may not sound that impressive but you try and do that with any old knife and you will find that you bottle will just bend and fall over). At one point, you can also see the strength of the steel as the demonstrator does chin-ups on the sword.
The Cold Steel warrior series Katana features an 11 and 1/4 inch Same (Ray Skin) handle. This is nothing special in my opinion but is actually quite a comfortable handle. It allows you to get a nice grip and allows for great versatility and movement. The design of the handle looks very traditional and will have all your friends green with envy – truly is a wonderful blade.
Overall, the Cold Steel Warrior Katana is one hell of sword and is really top notch quality. If you are looking for a war ready sword, that is going to be reliable but at the same time at an affordable price then you need to get yourself the Warrior Katana ($300). Now whilst this may be slightly more expensive than other brands out there, this sword is definitely going to last you so much longer due to its superior make and quality of the materials used in production – it is truly a work of art.