- 1 Barnett Quad 400
- 2 Features
- 3 Barnett Quad 400 Improvements
- 4 Features and Benefits
- 5 Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow Package Options
- 6 Pros of The Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow.
- 7 Cons of The Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow.
- 8 Customer Reviews of the Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow.
- 9 Conclusion
Barnett Quad 400
- Popular Quad 400, redesigned to maintain its reputation as shooter's favorite with new features
- Includes 3 arrow quiver, 3 arrows 22-Inch, 4x32 multi-reticle scope
- 345-Feet Per Second firing velocity, 150-Pound draw weight, 112-Feet Pounds of energy
- 15.5-Inch power stroke, 9-Pound weight, 37-Inch length and 26.75-Inch width, 22-Inch arrows
- This item is not for sale in some specific zip codes. Item does not include a crank cocking device
The Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow is a new and improved model of the former crossbow designed with some key features for better performance.
Barnett Quad 400 Improvements
- The Barnett Quad 400 has a few improvements in features mainly being the first of its kind with a gas assist composite stock with high density.
- It shoots arrows at an average speed of 345 FPS with a draw weight of 150 pounds at 112-foot pounds of energy. It also features a 15.5″ power stroke.
- A few other features of this crossbow are the thumbhole grip and the parallel limb design.
- The crossbow weighs approximately 9 pounds measuring nearly 27″ by 37″ and comes with 22-inch arrows.
Features and Benefits
The Quad 400 crossbow boasts of well thought-out features at places it a notch above other crossbows in its class. These include:
Quad Limb Compound
The Quad 400 attributes its incredible speed and power to the groundbreaking parallel quad limb design which enables it to apply as much power as possible to the bolt. In addition, this unit comes with a long 15.5-inch power stroke which can produce intense velocity. With such power and stroke, it’s not surprising to see why the Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow consistently fires at a faster speed than its listed 345 feet per second.
You don’t need to have prior experience to assemble the Quad 400. Its assembly is very basic, aided by a user guide. In fact, assembling this crossbow boils down to inserting a few screws, tightening them to attach the pieces together and you’re good to go.
Quick Detach Quiver
The Barnett quad 400 crossbow comes with a detachable lightweight quiver that hooks below the limbs allowing for a relatively quick reload. The quiver can hold up to a maximum of four bolts and arrows. It’s also loaded with 3 fiberglass twenty-two inch bolts which allow you to sight the bow for a feel of how the crossbow performs.
4×32 Millimeter Recital Scope
The Quad 400 has an accurate dot sight that allows the user to choose between a green or red reticle. The dot sight also comes with a setting that allows you to pre-determine the brightness for both colors. For users who have a problem with these settings, an upgrade is recommended although this scope works pretty well with many users considering it’s an upgrade of the quad 300.
This is a feature that has worked well with many users. The fact that you can hold the crossbow firmly seems to contribute to the unit’s accuracy. In addition, The thumbhole Grip makes it possible to use the crossbow for long periods without tiring; an essential feature that all crossbows for hunting should have.
Ingeniously hidden by the contoured cheek piece, the cocking attachment gives you a place to attach the cocking device of your choice which is incredible bearing in mind that this crossbow is relatively hard to cock without an assistant device.
High-Density Gas Assistant Cock
This technology pioneered by the Barnett Crossbows has set the industry standard. This method of moldings allows for a lightweight composite that doesn’t put the crossbow’s strength to compromise. In other words, this feature makes the body of the Barnett Quad 400 crossbow lighter and stronger.
Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow Package Options
The Barnett Quad 400 comes available in different package options that offer different accessories with the bow. The first package choice which comes with quick-detach Quiver includes 3 arrows and a scope with Premium Red Dot sight.
A complete package option comes with 4 arrow Quiver, 3-22″ arrows and your choice of the 4×32 multi-reticle scope or the Premium Red Dot per your preference.
The main difference in the package options are the scope choices which allows customization. The red dot sight allows you to focus on your target with both eyes open and makes sighting easier while the multi-reticle scope is your basic scope that is standard for crossbows.
This crossbow has many desirable features that make it superior to other brands. The new composite stock has a cocking device attachment that is lighter and more comfortable to use with the cheek piece designed to hide the attachment.
These new modifications combine to provide a high-performance crossbow with exceptional speed and accuracy. Barnett crossbows also come with a 5-year warranty to provide service for defects as well as workmanship.
One notable factor is that although it weighs approximately 9 pounds, it is somewhat heavier in comparison to other brands. However, this is not a major flaw as it is highly durable and built to deliver strong power.
You can choose your option of scope per your preference based on the package you choose. The complete package option is priced a little higher than the first package option which is both under $400.