The following Barnett Predator Crossbow review will examine some of this device’s key features, its packages as well as its overall popularity among crossbow enthusiasts.
As far as main characteristics go, the Barnett Predator is all about speed and power. Also, given its unique design and killing power, the Predator is a relatively unique in the world of Crossbow design.
So if you’re looking for something new and powerful, this is the kind of crossbow that you’re looking for.
Barnett Predator Crossbow Specifications
The Barnett Predator Crossbow offers several key features which allow it stand out from other crossbows currently in the market. These include a shoot through stirrup, which increases the power stroke to up to 15 inches as well as a 175 pound draw weight for higher velocity and performance.
- A lightweight magnesium riser
- A machined trigger pull
- A pistol grip
- Adjustable stock and cheek piece
- Barnett’s AVI limb system, along with a special cam and cable system.
- 175 pound in draw weight
- 375 in FPS
- 133 foot pounds in terms of energy
- 8 pounds (weight)
- 37 inches long, 22 inches wide (length and dimensions)
*Actual performance may vary depending on the presence of additional accessories.
Difference Between Packages
It’s worth mentioning that Barnett Crossbows offers several packages for their Predator Crossbows. The first three packages include varying types of accessories, while a second group of packages include special modifications on the Predator’s key features.
The first three Predator packages are as follows:
- Package 1 includes 4 x 32 mm Scope.
- Package 2 includes a Quiver, three 22-inch Arrows as well as 4 x 32 mm Scope.
- Package 3 includes a three 22-inch Arrows as well as a Red Dot Sight.
As for the second group of packages, we have the Barnett Predator 375 CRT Crossbow Package, which includes three 22-inch arrows and an illuminated 3×32-millimeter scope, and the Barnett Predator 18035 Crossbow Package, which includes a high velocity cam, a cable system as well as an adjustable stock and cheek piece.
Aside from these packages, it’s also worth mentioning that Barnett may offer additional upgrades and improvements in the near future. So you may want to consider the possibility of buying additional accessories if they become available.
Like most crossbows currently in the market, it’s worth mentioning that the Barnett Predator Crossbow has many defining characteristics, some of which are good while others are not so good. So if you plan to buy this Crossbow sometime soon then pay careful attention to the following pros and cons.
Barnett Predator Pros
- Impressive power
- Excellent arrow speed
- The Easton 22″ bolts included in some packages are of excellent quality
- Decent scopes and targeting mechanism
- The Predator Crossbow is considered as one of the most powerful crossbows currently in the market.
Barnett Predator Cons
- The cocking mechanism is a little hard to get used to.
- Some users complain that this crossbow is difficult to assemble.
- Some people are not used to the speed and power of the crossbow bolt, making it difficult to manage.
All in all, customer sentiment about the Predator is very positive. In fact, most Barnett Predator Crossbow reviews on the internet are fairly good, particularly when it comes to praising the device’s power.
The only challenge is the handling. The Predator is powerful and for the most part, requires a certain degree of upper body strength to properly control. Also, at around $500 to $600, the Predator isn’t exactly what you might call cheap.
Other than these minor complaints though, the Predator can be considered as one of the most popular crossbows in the market.