Whilst the majority of pocket knife owners in the world are male, there is still a very large number of girls out there who are looking for a quality pocket knife. Many girls are avid hunters and as a result will be looking for a quality pocket knife that they can take out with them, or they may be looking for one for protection or they even maybe looking for an every day carry knife. The bottom line is, that women are looking for a quality pocket knife in which they are able to use. The best news is though, that most (if not all) pocket knives are unisex and are therefore suitable for the fairer sex.
- A good ergonomic handle in which they are easily able to maintain a tight grip to prevent slipping
- A sharp blade which can cut through the toughest materials
- A blade which is going to maintain a sharp edge
- One that can be opened with one hand (assisted opening)
- A folding knife that locks in place once open
However, one difference may be that females might be looking for a pocket knife which also looks really stylish on top of these core essential knife features. Therefore, in this post I have decided to look at more of the “prettier” knives as I am sure that these will be more of what the girls were looking for with this pocket knife.
- 1 Kershaw Rainbow Leek (1660VIB)
- 2 Ontario Knives RAT II Pink Folder
- 3 Buckshot 8″ Spring Assisted Open Folding Pocket Knife
- 4 Buck 292 Impulse Assisted Opening Liner Lock Folding Knife
- 5 Spyderco Native Lightweight Plain Edge Knife, Pink
- 6 Finally
Kershaw Rainbow Leek (1660VIB)
If you are looking for a stunning, yet incredibly useful folding knife then you can’t go past a Kershaw, and more importantly, you can’t go past a Kershaw Leek. One look at this blade and you can see how visually stunning it is and really, is a type of blade that you would call “spectacular”. Better yet, when the Kershaw Rainbow leek was released, it was even chosen to be Blade Magazines Overall Knife of the year! That has to be a good indication of the type of quality that this knife possesses.
The way they get the stunning color is through a process called Physical Vapor Disposition. Through this process, metals are ionized with a high-current yet low-voltage arc and placed in a vacuum chamber. When a negative voltage is introduced to the equation, a micro thin layer of metal permanently coats the blade and the handle. In the case of the rainbow, they use Titanium oxide which when added with oxygen produces the brilliant design you find on the Kershaw Rainbow leek.
Looks aside, this is an absolute ripper knife. The blade is 3 inches long and made out of super high-quality Sandvik 14C28N steel, which is able to take a good beating. The best thing about this blade (besides its look) is the fact that it will stay sharp for long periods of time, meaning you don’t have to spend every waking moment sharpening it. It also features an assisted opening mechanism which can be activated by either the finger flipper or the thubstud. This is great as it allows you to open the blade with one hand, and with the SpeedSafe technology, it allows you to open it fast as well.
Overall, the Kershaw Rainbow leek is a sensation knife and one I definitely recommend to everyone (including males and females) looking for a high quality every day carry knife. Better yet, they also have a Pink model if that is more your fancy.
Sells for around $80 online.
- Made in the USA
- Steel: Sandvik 14C28N, titanium-oxide rainbow coating
- Handle: 410 stainless steel, titanium-oxide rainbow coating
- Blade length: 3 in. (7.5 cm)
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
Ontario Knives RAT II Pink Folder
Another really storng and durable knife, fit for any sex, would be the Ontario RAT II Pink Folder. Like the Rainbow leek, this blade looks visually stunning with its pink handle and stainless steel blade. Many females who are looking for a cheaper blade (compared to the leek) will most likely find themselves buying the RAT II, not just because it looks really good, but because it is actually a really reliable and sturdy knife.
This knife features a razor sharp (watch yourself – seriously) AUS-8 grade stainless steel blade. This means that this blade will be able to easily take a good beating and not chip or break, like many of its competitors. Furthermore, due to the quality of the steel, the knife maintains a very sharp edge for a long time. Better yet, as it is high quality stainless steel, you are going to find that this blade is essentially rust and corrosion proof, meaning that it is going to last you ages!
The handle on the RAT II is very comfortable as it is made out of high quality NYLON which allows you to get a really solid grip that you will be able to maintain quite easily. It also features a finger guard to protect your hand from sliding down and cutting yourself on the blade. Other then that, it features two thumstuds, which like the Rainbow leek, mean that it is an assisted opening knife and can easily open this with one hand.
Overall, if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to the Rainbow leek, then the Ontario RAT II is the way to go.
Sells online for around $40.
- The handle features textured black nylon 6 scales with an open-built steel linerlock frame
- This knife is designed for comfort and performance
- Ambidextrous with dual thumb studs and a 4-way reversible pocket clip
Buckshot 8″ Spring Assisted Open Folding Pocket Knife
Opening packages can be a common thing that a woman does every day. Couple it with opening letters and boxes and that will lead you to what makes up a lady’s everyday routine. This is when pink pocket knife for women works well enough. In times when you are just feeling helpless to open such packages, you have solace to a useful pink pocket knife.
Not only does it work in opening packages, it also does a good work in peeling fruits. Just when you are looking for something healthy to nibble on while you are at work or at some place other than your kitchen, this pocket knife would work well enough to get the work done without a hitch. With this tagged along, you can just take a slice of the fruit whenever and wherever you may have a grab of it to ease your taste buds.
If you are looking for an even cheaper knife that the previous two, you can snag this gorgeous knife online for around $13.
- 8 inches overall Assisted open knife
- 4.5 inches stainless steel handle with pink plastic inlay
- 1065 Surgical Steel blade, 3mm thickness
Buck 292 Impulse Assisted Opening Liner Lock Folding Knife
If you are the one who likes outdoor activities, a pocket knife would come handy too in serving your outdoor activity needs. This pocket knife can be handy when doing your camping activities like chopping off wood, peeling fruits and slicing off fishes and meat while you are at the camp.
Aside from the usual activities where a knife comes handy, there are several emergencies too where this would come handy. For instance, when there is an untoward accident needing some sort of bandages to keep blood from escaping, this is a good tool to make use of to cut the improvised bandage you are to make. Now, you have just got a tool perfect for your first aid needs.
- Includes Knife, Box, and Warranty Registration Card
- The Buck 292 Impulse in Pink Features a 2-1/2 inch Drop Point 420HC Stainless Steel Blade
- The Impulse comes with Pink Anodized 6061 T6 Aluminum Grips
- The 292 Impulse also Features a Stainless Steel Belt/Pocket Clip
Spyderco Native Lightweight Plain Edge Knife, Pink
Moreover, it can be used as a form of self-defense. In a world flooded with criminal minds, you can never be sure when someone would just get pass through you to take moves to hurt you. Not that this tool is made to kill but can be a good protective tool. You can just have it punctured when someone threatens your life in one way or another. As pink as it looks, it can serve you a lot of protection. Women oftentimes are considered to be weak and helpless, which is not at all true but can be sometimes, so there is a need to have an ounce of protection from time to time
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested for quality and durability
- The most trusted name in you cutlery needs
- A portion of the sales of this special pink-handled version of the Spyderco Native is donated to the Breast Cancer Network of Strength(TM)
- Hollow-ground blade made from premium CPM-S30V stainless steel features a plain (PlainEdge) cutting edge
- High-strength back lock mechanism with David Boye Dent ensures safe, secure blade lock-up
- Injection-molded fiberglass-reinforced-nylon handle with textured pattern for a positive grip
- Reversible stainless steel pocket clip supports left or right-side tip-up carry
Overall, both the Rainbow Leek and Ontario RAT II are great pocket knives for girls (and males) and will serve them well. Both are good in their own way, however, if I had to choose I would go with the rainbow leek, just because I am a huge fan of their SpeedSafe technology and to be honest, I love the rainbow design. That’s not to say that the Rat II is not as good, because that would be wrong. It is still a great knife and one of the best pocket knives for girls that you can get at the price.
So basically, if you have a bit more money to spend and want one that is made out of a higher quality steel, then go for the rainbow. If you are just looking for something a bit more simple and don’t need a pocket knife for too demanding of tasks, then go for the RAT II.