Benchmade 710 D2$150
Custom knife makers Bill McHenry and Jason Williams wanted a knife that was simple yet very versatile and so the Benchmade 710D2 was born. It is the first Benchmade sports knife with the patented AXIS lock which allows for ambidextrous use and handler’s safety. If you are looking for an outdoor utility knife or a sports knife, then the model 710D2 may be the knife for you.
- This is a modified clip-point with ambidextrous dual thumb studs
- Overall length of 8.80” and a closed length of 4.90”
- With a blade length of 3.90”, blade thickness of 0.115”, handle thickness of 0.480” and a blade hardness of 60 -62HRC. Weighs 4.50oz
- Made of D2 Tool Steel
- With a black, reversible, tip-up pocket clip
- With a black G10 machined handle scales and full stainless steel liners
- Uses the AXIS locking mechanism
- A corresponding sheath material is sold separately from this knife
- Made in the USA
The advantages of the Benchmade 710D2 knife
- The blade sharpness is one of the finest points of the model 710D2. The D2 steel blade allows this knife to cut through rigid materials as well as efficiently slide through thin and delicate ones. The quality of the D2 steel blade makes this knife a perfect outdoor companion as well as a sportsman’s utility knife.
- The handle allows the user to grip with ease. The machined grooves create the ideal handle to effectively grip the knife without causing hand pain and injuries. Thus, you may handle this efficiently even when wet without worries of sliding or moving in any way.
- The pocket clip makes it easier to take the Benchmade 710D2 anywhere. You can simply place it in your pocket or with the matching sheath, carry it safely in your bag or backpack.
- The weight is just enough to carry anywhere. It is light so you can use it confidently in any given situation.
- The lock is strong but you can open it with ease. The AXIS locking works safely and will never disappoint. You can open and close it with one hand without getting your fingers in the way of the blade with its unique locking system.
Any disadvantages of the Benchmade 710D2 knife
There are hardly any disadvantages of using the Benchmade 710D2 except for the price. It is sold online for $153 which makes it one of the mid-priced pocket knives in the market. But its features make it an efficient knife to take along anywhere which certainly overlooks its slightly expensive prize.
The Benchmade 710D2 is a versatile, intuitive and safe sport and outdoors knife that a novice and a professional handler may use. It is made of D2 steel strong material that makes it a perfect choice for a utility knife. It is lightweight and easy to carry and even with the slightly expensive price. It is still a knife-of-choice for all kinds of outdoor jobs.